|Día 1 (31.10.2014)|
We have a 110 litres aquarium that has been running for a year and a half. Some time last srping we got a snail invasion that we have not managed to control. That, plus overfeeding has ended up with an unbalanced aquarium where, once a fish gets sick, it does not get well even with medication.
As we were moving, I decided that I would use the chance to reboot the aquarium. My friend Mari (thanks!) built in our place one or her tanks, a little smaller (80 litres) and moved all the fishes to the house to their temporal home. She also emptied the old one, removed all the sand and cleaned the walls and filter.
Last week I finally had time to set up the aquarium for cycling. To remove all the possible snail eggs from the fine sand, I have dried it in the oven in 200 ºC.
Ahora mismo no tiene más que agua y la arena (Sansibar Black, por cierto... preciosa!). Lleva desde el miércoles con el filtro funcionando y tengo que medir parámetros en un par de días.
At the moment it has just water and sand (Sansibar Black... it's beautiful!). It has been like this with the pump on since wednesday, and I have to measure the parametres in a couple of days.
Espero poder ir colocando actualizaciones del acuario en las próximas semanas hasta que lo tenga funcionando al 100%.
I hope to go updating the information in the following weeks until it is working 100%.
Y como las fotos de un acuario vacío son un poco tristes, os dejo unas cuantas del acuario de 80.
And... as the photos of an empty aquarium are a bit sad, here is some of the 80 litres.
|Vista general / General view|
|Detalle de la calavera / Skull in detail|
|Tetras sobre la calavera, y corydoras al pie, escondidas / Copper tetras over the skull, corydoras hiding on the plant|
|Gambas Cherry / Cherry shrimp|
|Gambas amano / Amano shrimp|